REcon is a computer security conference with a focus on reverse engineering and advanced exploitation techniques. It is held annually in Montreal, Canada.
The conference offers a single track of presentations over the span of three days along with technical training sessions held before the presentation dates. Technical training varies in length between two and four days.
Conference: June 27-29, 2014
Training: June 23-26, 2014
REcon will be held in downtown Montreal, Canada at the Hyatt Regency Montreal
Conference registration is now open.
First round of talks selected:
- Apple SMC, The place to be, definitely! (For an implant) by Alex Ionescu
- Intel Management Engine Secrets by Igor Skochinsky
- Dynamic Analysis Kung-Fu with PANDA by Brendan Dolan-Gavitt
- SDR Tricks with HackRF by Michael Ossmann
- Static Translation of X86 Instruction Semantics to LLVM With McSema by Artem Dinaburg and Andrew Ruef
- Here be Dragons: A Bedtime Tale for Sleepless Nights by Josh "m0nk" Thomas and Nathan Keltner
- The Making of the Kosher Phone by Assaf Nativ
Detailed descriptions coming soon. The rest of the talks are to be selected after the closure of the CFP on April 30th.
2014/03/10: New training announced: Botnet Takeover Attacks for Reverse Engineers by Brett Stone-Gross and Tillmann Werner
2014/02/18: This year's first round of CFP submissions ends March 31st, with early picks being announced the week of April 7th. The CFP closes April 30th, and Recon 2014's speakers and talks will be announced on May 5th.
2014/02/17: REcon 2014 CFP and Training have been announced!